Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A little about me....

Hi, I'm Heather. My weight has been a constant battle since my teens, but in the opposite way. As a teen, I was rail thin. The Dr's put me on diets to gain weight and I went on birth control pills at 14 also in hopes that it would help me gain weight. Nothing worked. I was always accused of being anorexic or bulemic and I was neither. It was hard. Then, I got pregnant and everything changed. I gained 63 pounds with my first pregnancy and then another 55 with my 2nd. I never learned to eat properly when I was a teen (I could eat whatever crap I wanted) so I didn't know how to get the weight off. I got a good portion off before I got pregnant the 3rd time, but then got pregnant a 4th time right away, so back on went the weight.

The past 10 years have been pretty rough. I've had such a poor self image. I've stopped getting my pictures taken, stopped wearing shorts and tank tops. I hate feeling this way. I've tried this and that, but could never stay with it. This time is different because I have DH helping me out. He joined NS with me to be my support person. I don't often have time for me, because it seems I have so much on my plate. Mom, teacher, wife, cook, chauffeur, housekeeper (which I TOTALLY suck at), financial planner/accountant for both us and my in laws..and everything else I'm trying to change that. I started NS in April, so I'm eating better and I am getting up earlier and exercising.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the FIRM! I can really see what it's been doing for my lower half. That's where I carry most of my weight. Hips, butt and thighs. I try to do my FIRM workouts 5-6 times a week, but I've started getting a bit bored with it lately. That's just me, not the workouts. I really need variety to keep me interested. So I also got Core Secrets. I've only tried the Ab routine so far, and really liked it. I'll have to try the others soon. I changed my membership at the kids playcenter to include access to the exercise equipment. I hear the equipment is like Curves. I used it last night and really enjoyed it. I'll try to get there at least 3 days a week in addition to my FIRM workouts.

I've been married to a wonderful man for 11.5 years. His name is Joe. He retired from the Marine Corps last June. He's always been physically fit. Loves to play basketball more than just about anything else. The problem is, the Marine Corps wrecked his knees. He's had several knee surgeries, the last one being about 3.5 years ago. After the last one, he started having lots of problems with his weight. He just couldn't exercise the way he used to. His Max weight for the Corps was 181 pounds. When he retired he was up to almost 190. When he started NS with me He was at an all time high of 205. That was really hard on him. Today he's back down under his Max weight at 180 and wants to lose another 10-20 pounds. He's looking AWESOME!

I'm a Homeschooling mom to 4 wonderful kids. Rayna (10), Ashlyn (8), Taryn (4), and Brayden (2). It can get a bit crazy with 4 kids in ths house all day, but it's so worth it. Rayna and Ashlyn are really into gymnastics. They've both moved up to the advanced class at the gym, and the owner thinks they are both state championship material. I'm very proud of them. Taryn, the little princess, will be starting next month as well. She's hated sitting on the sidelines this past year. Brayden, is my little monster. He's your stereotypical, pull the dogs tail, pinch your sister, jump from the railings, feerless, energetic, rough and tumble little boy.

Here are some pictures of the kids:





Comments:
Wow Heather,

Look at those beautiful children of yours! They really have such angelic faces, even if they do fight like crazy at times. They are just beautiful! Thank you for sharing your story with everyone. I enjoyed reading it, and look forward to hearing more. Have a wonderful day!
 
Hi there!! My first time on your blog - so I'm starting back at the beginning so I can follow. :) What beautiful kids - and beautiful names! :)

I think it's awesome that you can be full-time mom to them - even with all the headaches that come with that - it takes dedication and I admire you for it. :) My hubby is actually a stay-at-home dad - I've been home with the kids after birth (1st only 4 months - 2nd I took two years off) - but he does SO much better at it than I!!

Sophia
 
Post a Comment


In the beginning



August 2005 (I think)...



And now...


My Nutrisystem Stats:

Start Date:4/15/05
Start Weight: 160
Current Weight: 118.2 (3/16/2007)
Mini-Goal Weight: 115
Goal Weight: 110

Photobucket - Video and Image
Hosting