Friday, June 24, 2005

I love my son....

Don't get me wrong. I love all my kids very much. I love being a mom to three precious daughters. They're all so different and wonderful children. I thought our family was complete when it was just the girls. I love being a mom, I love spending time with them. It's the most rewarding thing in my life. The girls were all Daddy's girl's though. Now, I have Mommy's boy. He's my Bugaboo. I've called him Bug since the day he was born. Don't ask me why, I haven't a clue. It just came out of my mouth, and to this day, I call him Bug, Buggy or Bugaboo.

From the day he was born, I've sworn that if he had been born first, he'd be an only child. I still believe that. He can be the biggest monster in the world. He is your stereotypical BOY. This afternoon, he got into the dry spaghetti and broke it up all over the dining room floor. He spilled Jello on the family room carpet, and then 10 minutes later, Purple Koolaid made it's way to the floor as well. He pulls the dogs tails, carries the cat around by his neck. He steals his sisters gameboys and hides under his blanket playing it. He'd probably swing from the chandalier if he could figure out a way to get up there (I'm sure it's just a matter of time).

He's so wickedly smart it's not funny. He's a problem solver you see.If he can't do something, he'll work at it until he can. Door locks on the pantry? He's figured out how to take them off and hide them in the kitchen cabinet. Cookies on top of the fridge? Drag the chair over and climb on the counter. Gate up blocking mommy's room? Go get the step stool and climb over. You get the idea..

He talks in complete sentences. "Daddy, thank you for giving me the quarter. Did you find it?" He's not even 3 yet. His vocuabulary and grammar usage is staggering. "This strawberry is juicy, dinner was tasty, that smells disgusting." Last week he told us the moon was revolving around the sun. Where he picked that up, I haven't a clue.

He's obsessed with Scooby Doo and Spider Man. Spiderman is going to help him get to the moon (that's revolving) in a rocketship. Then they're going to fly around the sky until it's darktime. Spiderman will bring him home and put him to bed. Scooby is going to sleep under his bed to keep the thunderstorms away.

The best part about him is that he's SO loving! He gives kisses and hugs freely, especially to his mommy. I could just be sitting on the couch and he'll run over and throw his arms around my neck and give me a kiss and a hug and say "I love you Mommy!" only to run off again. Today he surprised me. He walked up to me, looked me straight in the eye and said "Mommy, you're my best friend!" Kiss, hug, off he runs. I cried.

For the past 3 nights, since the bad thunderstorms we had, he's asked me to cuddlebug with him. He jumps up onto my couch, grabs the blanket, and pats the space next to him. Last night, he told me "I need to cuddlebug Mommy, only with you, not Daddy." How can I resist? I sit with him and we cuddle up under the blanket and watch TV or read a book. When he's had enough, I get my hug and kiss, and again, off he runs.

Now I know what they mean about Mother's and Son's. It was something I truly couldn't understand when I had only girls. I can't imagine what my life would be like without him in it. Thank goodness for "surprises" (I'll never, ever call it a mistake) While he was an unexpected gift, I wouldn't trade him in for anything in the world...

Okay, maybe I'd trade him for a house that cleaned itself...maybe.

Off to cuddlebug with my Bugaboo.




Comments:
What a cool posting!!! :) I have a three year old (just turned in March) who is an absolute cuddler as well - and sounds like the same 'terror'. :) I thought I understood 'love' when I got married - then caught on when my daughter was born that I hadn't even caught on completely yet - and I felt that way ONCE AGAIN when my Jakob was born - it's amazing how our hearts expand to take them in, isn't it? :) I could SO relate to much of your son's escapades - I've just adjusted to the idea that there WILL be more doctor's visits for him than my daughter. :)

And my guy is 'Buckaroo' or 'Bucky' - and don't know where that came from either. :) It landed on him at about a week old - and the nicknames I gave the kids stuck - their dad uses them too. :)

Thanks for sharing!! What a special mom you are! :)

Sophia
 
Post a Comment


In the beginning



August 2005 (I think)...



And now...


My Nutrisystem Stats:

Start Date:4/15/05
Start Weight: 160
Current Weight: 118.2 (3/16/2007)
Mini-Goal Weight: 115
Goal Weight: 110

Photobucket - Video and Image
Hosting