Saturday, June 25, 2005
I am in heaven....
I just found the neatest thing in my backyard.
Wild black rasberries! I love raspberries, but they're so expensive at the store. Now I don't have to buy them anymore, just head out back.
You may be wondering how I just stumbled across this discovery since I've been in this house for a year and 3 days. Well, it's in a wooded area of our yard that I really never go into. It's outside of our fenceline, but still on our property. We were back there today putting up rope and no trespassing signs because one of our neighbors has decided it's okay to ride his dunebuggy/golfcart back and forth through our yard, without asking our permission. This guy is so rude to us as it is. I guess he thought it was ok since it was outside the fence. Well, it drives my dogs crazy and it's tearing up an area that we're trying to get grass to grow in so that we can put a playhouse back there for the kids. Plus, IT'S MY YARD DAMMIT, not his and not public access!
I grew up in the desert (Las Vegas) so this was new for me. To be able to go out into my own backyard and get fresh raspberries to throw in my cereal in the morning? Oh yeah..this will be nice!
BTW, If I get in nice with some of the farmers, I could go pick my own corn across the way. We're surrounded by cornfields!