Tuesday, June 28, 2005

What a horrible crappy day...

Yesterday was the WORST! I woke up to a fried hard drive. If it were the first time on this computer, it would be one thing, but NO! It's the 3rd freakin time it's happened in less than a year. I've only had this system since August! I've also had to replace the CD burner, the power supply and the cooling fan. There's nothing left to replace! So I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Dell getting it resolved. Actually, Tech Support was great. They're sending someone out to replace it. That took 1/2 hour. What took so long is trying to convince somebody that they should really reimburse me to get all my data backed up from my old hard drive!(They won't. It better not happen again!

Now, all my plans for the day were shot, and I had to get my computer up to the computer store to get my hard drive backed up. It was a rainy, icky day and all I wanted to do was stay in the house and finish rearranging my sitting room. I got everyone dressed and told them to all get in the car. I forgot my ID card and went upstairs to grab it. When I came back down, all the kids were standing in the garage, next to the van. "Where's the keys?, Rayna asked. I told her that they are in the van. It's LOCKED! Brayden decided to lock the doors and then close them. Lovely. No spare key either (Brayden hid it somewhere last week and I can't find it). So I had to call a flippin' locksmith to come and unlock the van.

2 hours later we were on our way. We dropped the puter off, met up with DH, grabbed the kids some BK and headed home. We hit a really bad accident about 45 minutes from home and sat in traffic for about 90 minutes. So my 1 1/2 hour drive home turned into a 3 hour trip. (total time in car...6 hours)

I hadn't eaten a thing all day long. It was nearly 7 pm when we hit Easton (still 1/2 hour from home). I knew I didn't want to come home and cook anything and I'm almost out of NS entrees, so I told DH I was enacting the 3 strikes and you're out rule. I had 3 awful things happen to me, and I was going to eat what I wanted. Not because I felt I deserved it, not because I thought it would make me feel better, but because, frankly, at that point, I just didn't care anymore.

We grabbed Burger King, a Whopper with bacon and cheese for me, a Double Whopper for Joe. Got them home and I couldn't even eat 1/2 of it! It was so greasy and justdidn't feel right. I think Joe forced himself to eat just a bit more than that and even he couldn't finish his. DAMMIT NUTRISYSTEM! YOU'VE MADE ALL MY OLD FAVORITES TASTE HORRIBLE!

OK, so we couldn't manage a cheat with BK, how about Ice Cream? Yeah, RF Vanilla ice cream, FF Choc Syrup, FF Cool Whip. Tasted great, could only eat 1/2 my bowl. Joe didn't finish his either.

At least I don't feel guilty about my so called cheat. It all tasted horrible and I'm paying for it this morning. At least I'm not backed up anymore.




Comments:
Sounds like a silver lining to your rotten day! Hopefully today is going better.
 
ROFLOL!
What a day!

You know what? I glad you didn't enjoyd your cheating! That way you won't do it again.
 
Post a Comment


In the beginning



August 2005 (I think)...



And now...


My Nutrisystem Stats:

Start Date:4/15/05
Start Weight: 160
Current Weight: 118.2 (3/16/2007)
Mini-Goal Weight: 115
Goal Weight: 110

Photobucket - Video and Image
Hosting