Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I'm home...

I wound up going to Las Vegas for Nana's funeral after all. Everybody says they knew I would go. Why am I always the last to know these things? The service went well. I saw many people I hadn't seen in 15 years, not since my first wedding. I think some were shocked to see how heavy I'd gotten. Oh well, I'm on the downside now!

It was nice to see my Aunt Jeri. She's my stepdad's sister and I ADORE her. She came out last summer with her son and I spent the day with them. He was on a class trip, so we were running from place to place. Anyway, when I saw her on Saturday she said I looked amazing and she could tell I had lost alot of weight since last summer. Good to know it's getting obvious.

I did eat off plan while I was there. I went with good intentions, I brought along some of what's left of my NS Foods. But I didn't even touch it except for a South Beach Meal Bar. Everything else is still in my suitcase. I did however try to behave myself with what I chose to eat. I went to the Paris buffet 3 times while I was there. Breakfast both days, and dinner the night I left. Breakfast there is wonderful! It also is easy to eat within the guidlines. 1/2 Omelet full of veggies, no cheese, fresh fruit, a little bit of yogurt..It was the bites of sausage and ham and the 1/3rd of a carmel apple crepe with fresh whipped cream that did it! That crepe was so good, I wound up having it at every meal, including dinner! But I did only allow myself 1/3 of it each time. Dinner, oh heavens! Chilled crab legs (no butter), Shrimp cocktail, Salmon, steamed veggies, chicken and beef shish kabobs, saurkraut braised in champagne, potatoes au grautin (ok, those were definatly not on plan, but oh so good), and so much more. Most of this, I only had a bite or two and I was happy. Just tasting. The saurkraut and potatoes, I went back for a second plate but learned a valuable lesson...SAURKRAUT DOES NOT GO WELL WITH CARMEL APPLE CREPES!

Damn, now I'm hungry again. Good thing I'm not in Vegas anymore.




Comments:
Oh Amanda, Thank you! That looks so good! I'm going to try that tomorrow. You know I don't think I've every eaten crepes before..Well I've had the cheese filled ones (blintzs) and don't like those. These were just out of this world. I couldn't believe how they just kept jumping on my plate!
 
HaPPy BiRthDaY ToDaY!!!!!!! *<]:0)
 
I'm glad you went ahead and took the trip to LV....I've never regretted deciding to go ahead and attend a funeral to support loved ones...but I've regretted some that I DIDN'T go to.

And who knows? That 'shock' may have been at how great you look for having carried 4 children! :) And your attitude about it is great and exactly where you need to be. :)
 
Post a Comment


In the beginning



August 2005 (I think)...



And now...


My Nutrisystem Stats:

Start Date:4/15/05
Start Weight: 160
Current Weight: 118.2 (3/16/2007)
Mini-Goal Weight: 115
Goal Weight: 110

Photobucket - Video and Image
Hosting