Friday, January 19, 2007

My lowest point...

I remember the moment I decided I NEEDED to do something about my weight. (Took me awhile to actually DO it though) My lowest of lows. It wasn't for the kids, religious reasons or Joe, or my health...it was purely for ME.

Joe was retiring from the Marine Corps and they were having parade in his honor on the base (cool huh?) They can do that for the Marines if they want, well Joe didn't want, but his Commanding Officer did. Anyway, I was all excited for him and SO proud. The night before the parade, he asked me what I was planning to wear. I told him. (some Capri's and a nice top that I had) He told me that I needed to wear something nicer than that, like a dress! He thought I knew that! Uh, No. Headed to my closet and I had NOTHING that fit..So I didn't go. I sat at home and cried. I couldn't be there to watch the Marine Corps honor my husband because I was too fat to fit in to my clothes. I didn't want to embarrass him in front of his Marines.

I wish I could say I did something about it then. But I didn't. Well, I did, but I didn't stick with it. Tried South Beach, but it was too much work. I was so busy with Homeschooling the kids, dealing with 2 toddlers, trying to move out of a crappy apartment and then getting this new house all set up. Joe was working 2 jobs there for awhile, so it was just the kids and I for the most part. Then in April 2005 (Gosh has it been THAT long?) my best friend sent me some pictures that she had taken when she had been here visiting the previous summer (around the time of the retirement). Around the same time I found out about my 15 year high school reunion. I took 1 look at those pictures (one is on my profile) and all those memories of the day of the parade came flooding back to me. I knew I couldn't live like that anymore..and I couldn't step foot into that reunion looking like that. I ordered NS that same day

K, the reunion was more than a year ago..why am I back? Because I need to finish this..Again, for ME. Joe loves me and thinks I'm sexy regardless..but not me. I need to finish what I've started. I've come a long way, but I know that for me, it's not far enough.




Comments:
Big hugs for you Heather!!! What an inspiring story! Thank you...
 
you can finish it!!
 
Post a Comment


In the beginning



August 2005 (I think)...



And now...


My Nutrisystem Stats:

Start Date:4/15/05
Start Weight: 160
Current Weight: 118.2 (3/16/2007)
Mini-Goal Weight: 115
Goal Weight: 110

Photobucket - Video and Image
Hosting